Monday, January 19, 2009

McHappy

Hubby and I were treated to an evening alone last night. My in-laws offered to babysit the two youngest and Kyle was at his girlfriends watching the Eagles get spanked. So hubby and I were off to try the new restaurant in town "McGlynn's". It's kinda like a sports bar with class. The rooms are beautiful and we could see the partially frozen lake outside the windows. We chose this restaurant because it really wouldn't be a place my kids who enjoy or appreciate. Since it's so bloody cold here we both decided to start with the soup. Hubby had a fabulous french onion and I had clam chowder. Yum! Our dinner entrees were good but we had both decided to try something else on any future visits. The atmosphere was nice and quiet and we were able to enjoy great conversation. Then it was off to my favorite store Target. No date would be complete without shopping (That seems to be our running joke). We then went home and did what boring parents do. Hubby wrote a paper for his Master's class and I snuggled onto the couch and watched "Four Weddings and a Funeral". Kyle came home and we all slept in this morning. It's now snowing and I'm praying for a snow day tomorrow. All I need is a two hour delay and my school closes! Come on let it snow, let it snow, let in SNOW!!!!

2 comments:

Carla said...

and to think we are enjoying our windows open and wearing shorts!! My kind of HOLIDAY!!! There will be no snow day for us!!

Marva said...

Ellen, sounds like you got that snow you were hoping for as I read the posts following this one.

Just curious... is McGlynn's on Silver Lake? Is it where the Blue Coat Inn used to be or is it an entirely new structure and location? Inquiring minds wanna know.