Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Cold vs. Heart Warming

I don't know about the weather in your area but it has been bitter cold here. The average is suppose to be the mid 40's, but it didn't even reach 32 here today. Coupled with the wind it was down right bitter. However I am hoping that the extreme cold stops germs from multiplying. Our preschool seems to be running rampant with stomach viruses, rashes and diarrhea. None of these are something that I want to occur with me or my family. Knock on wood we have been fairly healthy so far. Last year alone we had had the stomach flu twice before Christmas even came. I'm hoping that our immune systems are a bit stronger this year and that we are able to fight off incoming threats of illness.

Tonight was actually a great night. My bible study started up again and we are doing a Beth Moore study on "Esther". It seems like an intriguing book. Here's a bit of bible trivia...It is the only book that does not mention or use God's name within it's text. Anyone whom has ever experienced a Beth Moore study knows how incredibly smart, insightful and knowledgeable she is about the Bible. I will share tidbits with you as I study.

Speaking of studying I suppose I should run since it seems as I have about 150 prefixes, suffixes and roots to learn for my first Exam in Med. Terminology.

Also, please pray for my friend Carla's two girls as they undergo serious surgeries. Rubea had a titanium rib placed in today to help straighten her spine and Kaylea will undergo a spinal cord detethering on Friday. Both girls will spend numerous days within the PICU unit and additional days on a regular floor. Pray for the doctors, nurses and those that care for the girls as well as John & Carla and her other children during this time. You can check out her blog at www.eightisenoughfornow.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Carla said...

awww....thanks for thinking of us! Rubea did awesome today and looks great! Taller and straighter! Also, she is resting peacefully right now!!

Hugs,
Carla