Sunday, September 28, 2008

Back on my soapbox

I'm back on the whole cellphone soapbox. Why is it that people feel the need to be on their cellphones 24/7. Yes I use my cellphone quite a bit, but I demonstrate good cell phone etiquette. I do not carry a conversation in the checkout line while being checked out. I try not to carry a conversation while pushing around my cart. These people are totally in no control of the cart and have difficulty turning into the aisles. Hang up I tell you. What was your life like before cellphones. I'm all for multi-tasking but this takes it a bit far.

Where is all of this coming from.... well I'll tell you. I popped into Wal-mart for a quick pick-up of a few items. I headed for the express lane and waited my turn patiently. In front of me was a lady who put each individual item up as the cashier rang it through. She was slow as a turtle and chatting away on her cell phone. When the order was done the cashier had to tell her total twice with a 20 second lag time between each. Then she had the audacity to then ask for a pack of cigarettes. Once the total was re-rung she ever so slowly pulled out her purse and rifled through it looking for money. She was in no apparent rush. I could feel mine and the cashier's blood beginning to boil. Once money was exchanged she then looked at her cigarettes and said that they were the wrong type. WHAT? She then looks over the counter and with a look of disgust says "I guess I'll just keep these". Well I would hope so. Not only has she wasted my time but the cashier's as well. Needless to say I vented when she moved away. There I have now released my frustration for the day..... onto the laundry.

No comments: