Monday, September 15, 2008

PARTY!











We had quite the party house going this past weekend. First was Joshua's party. We face painted the boys and armed them with helmets & dog togs. Then Sgt. Dad took them around back to the "base" for boot camp assignments. Once all children arrived and were sworn in they proceeded to the obstacle course. We had loads of contraptions to crawl around, under and over. They then marched off to the tug of war arena. From their they played a multitude of other games to include "Sarge says". Joshua had a great time and so did all of his friends. Mission accomplished. Note the cool tank cake that Sgt. Dad made.... and it was yummy too!
Next it was on to a quick clean-up in preparation for the next party. While I had four o'clock as a start time most of Kyle's friend's rolled in after six. I was booted out and only able to capture a few shots with the camera before all of the other kids arrived. You know it's not cool to have parents around. They took complete control of the music and serving themselves hot dogs, chips and soda. Out of 17 2-liter bottles there was only one bottle not opened. They were on a sugar high. They jousted and wrestled and chatted all night. In the midst of the party I did come out with cake and song. Shortly after I went inside a cake fight erupted and I knew better than to poke my head back out of the door. We watched from the kitchen as they smeared cake in each other's hair and faces. YUM!
With all that said it took us awhile to clean up yesterday morning. I wanted my house back to normal ASAP. The trash man ought to love me this week.




No comments: