Friday, October 3, 2008

Love the fish

It's amazing how people can get tickled by the silliest or sweetest of things. I giggled for quite awhile last night over my new gift seen below. Let me give you a little background here:

The other day my boss was chatting with me about being offended by the Evolutionist Darwin thinkers taking the Jesus Christian fish symbol and adding legs to it for the new Darwin way of thinking. I too was offended. Not two days later I saw a truck parked next to me in the Wal-mart parking lot with this emblem found below. Basically a Christian fish swallowing the Darwin fish. I laughed hysterically and searched my pocketbook high and low for my digital camera. I didn't have it with me that day (figures, Murphy's Law). Anyways as I go to pull out I realize that the vehicle next to me belongs to a good friend of mine and our den leader from Scouts. I giggled some more when I told his wife and the sweet gal ordered me one and gave it to me as a gift. Now I have one of my very own...isn't it cute!

Also here's a bit of interesting knowledge written on the package:

The fish is a sign that Christians have used to identify themselves to one another throughout history. They scratched the sign of the fish in the sand to identify one another as Christians. It has been said the Greek initials of "Jesus Christ, God's Son, Savior" spells the Greek word fish.
Jesus said, "Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men."



No comments: