Friday, September 26, 2008

Random pieces

This here is the handicraft of our youngest. At the wee age of 5 I do believe I may have a budding artist on my hands. I even took it to work this morning and showed it off to my co-workers. How detailed he is.

This picture was taken last night before heading out in the rain & gale force winds. Hubby is being promoted next Tuesday and we attended the Senior Non-Commissioned Officers Induction Ceremony. I thought I looked good until I saw this picture. I don't even recognize myself.....that's not me. My co-worker has a saying for this : " Nothing makes you wanna lose weight than seeing yourself in pictures". Amen to that one.
This picture was taken on Wednesday after I allowed my now licensed driving teenager to drive me home from the DMV. Needless to say I was having some leg cramps from trying to stomp down on the passenger side non-existent brake. I'm gonna need nerves of steel to ride with this one for 6 months.

With all of that said we again having a pretty laid back weekend ahead. The rain has cancelled the local Fall Festival and it will probably keep me out of the pumpkin patch's & apple orchards for at least this weekend. October is full of things to do and our weekends are getting jammed packed. But I do love fall and the cool crisp nights. I even baked a homemade apple pie tonight for dessert. YUM! I believe I will settle in and watch a movie and try to sleep in tomorrow. Now if only I could train the kids to sleep in.

No comments: