Monday, September 1, 2008

A week of "ups & downs"

Sorry about the lack of posts. As many of you know I started my nursing clinicals this past week. This is where the ups & downs came in. I was totally prepared to start studying, writing papers & working in the local hospital. However sitting in that classroom gave me tons of time to think of all the fun I was missing at home. I really want to be a nurse, but I also want to be a Mom. I realized in those few short days all of the stuff my kids would have to do without. Like the snacks that I make for their friends at school. The one on one time I make for each of them and thousands of other little snippits of life that I would just be way too busy for. So, I contacted the advisors I had at the school and told them my dilemma. To make a long story short I simply put my career dreams on hold so that I can be home with my kiddos a bit longer. I am also going back to teaching preschool since all the boys will be in school full-time. Speaking of school, their first day is tomorrow. Look for those pics tomorrow afternoon. :-)

No comments: