Monday, March 30, 2009

It's over....already?

My weekend started out with these. Hubby sent these to me at work as a surprise for our Wedding anniversary. How sweet. He then whisked me away for lunch at the Olive Garden. Afterwards we came home and waited for the little ones to come home from school. Then they were off to Grandma's so hubby and I could have some more romantic alone time. So what did we do...well we went shopping of course. That seems to be our favorite past time. Then about 9 pm we both decided we were hungry again. It was off to Lonestar for our favorite "Sweet Bourbon Salmon" better know in my house as "Slammin' Salmon". With our bellies full we proceeded home and entertained teenagers for the night.
Saturday was an eventful day as well. Hubby had invited a few new folks to our home for dinner. 11 adults and 3 kids to be exact. So all morning long I prepared the feast. I served chicken parmesan, baked ziti, sausage peppers and onions, tossed salad and rolls. No one should have left here hungry. To top it off we sang Happy Birthday to hubby and enjoyed an Oreo cake and chocolate chip cookies. YUM!
After dinner "K's" plans fell through and he was stuck at home with us. He milled around and let out a few sighs and uttered "I'm bored" a half dozen times. Then he decided we would all play Monopoly. Three hours later he had literally monopolized the board and had more than 10K in money. Even with me owning both Park Place and Boardwalk I was no match for him. He was cut throat, ruthless. He's a picture of him with his millions. Perhaps he should be a business major in college?
With that another weekend was busted. We rounded it out with dinner at Hubby's parents and again celebrated his upcoming birthday. This month alone we have eaten 6 cakes so far. Weight Watchers here I come.







No comments: