Sunday, April 13, 2008

Whirl Wind Weekends

When I took a look at my calender last week I couldn't believe all the things to-do this weekend. I'm starting to come down from my adrenaline high and wind down with my final obligation for this crazy weekend. Friday started off with baseball practice, cleaning the house and attending a Pampered Chef show. Now I know I could have scratched that one from the things to-do list, but it was a chocolate bliss party.....mention anything chocolate and I'm there. While I was gone for the evening Tom & Josh were to build a novelty cake for this Sunday's Blue & Gold banquet for Cub scouts. This can be a fierce competition and only boy's & male partners (politically correct :-) are allowed to bake & design their cakes.

So I come home from my party with no cakes in the process of construction. Tom informs me that after baseball the boys played outside with the neighborhood kids and he lost track of time chatting with the neighbors. By the time he came in they were beat and ready for a bath & bed. So he & Josh were up at the crack of dawn Saturday morning constructing their cake. Now Saturday was another full day. Kyle signed us up to host the cast party for "Les Mis" in OUR home with the potential of 40+ people to attend. YIKES!!! So like a whirlwind I raced through and cleaned the entire house. The party went off without a hitch. However it did rain, but thanks to the Sunsetter canopy we purchased last year the deck was still usable. Tom's parents took the little guys out & about which was helpful. We skipped their school's Spring carnival due to the rain. So, after Kyle's party ended at about 5:30 the real fun began. Seven teenage boys crashed at our house last night. They giggled more than girls I believe. I left Tom home with the boys from 6-9 while I helped decorate the hall for today's Blue & Gold dinner. I was exhausted last night when I came home. Then off to church this morning as Joshua was the acolyte today for the traditional service. I think after today's party I'm gonna need a weekends rest from this weekend.

No comments: