Monday, April 21, 2008

Lobster-fied!!!

Yes I know that's not a real word, but it's how I feel. After hours of sun exposure at the ball field on Saturday I felt like the closest thing to a cooked lobster. I had lathered up the boys real well on numerous occasions and had lotioned my own arms. However the back of my neck received the most sun and that was the part I had not sun blocked. Now I am officially a redneck.

Poor Tom was unable to attend the opening day festivities as he was on 12 hour shifts all weekend. Therefore me & the little guys were up and out the door by 7:15. We needed to purchase Joshua a new baseball shirt since they swore I had ordered him a small. He's a definite medium, and the way these were cut almost a kids large. Then it was off to our parade staging areas. After the kiddos were in their correct spots I then ran back to the end of the parade route near the ball fields. From there we sat for about an hour enduring an opening ceremony that was way too long. After the ceremony Joshua's team needed to rush over for pictures as his team was the first game for the Pee-Wee division. Andrew had no game but did have pictures later in the day. Meanwhile Kyle was off paintball shooting with the youth church group. So after a day long excursion at the ball field we needed to run and pick him up. Needless to say we were all whipped Saturday night.

With high aspirations of attending church we received some bad news yesterday morning. Tom's grandma had passed away earlier that morning. She had been living in a nursing home for the past several years and was in really good health up until a few weeks ago. Tom was able to see her on a quick trip at the end of March. So it has been somber here. My Joshua is sensitive like his dad and is still shaken by it. However our faith in God and the joys of heaven are uplifting thoughts for us. As this poor woman had to endure 35 years as a widow and had lost a son over 20 years ago as well. To know that their souls are reunited is the peace that passes all understanding. She lived a great 89 years here on this Earth and is finally at peace.

1 comment:

Carla said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with all of you.

Hugs,
Carla