Tuesday, April 22, 2008

What's that?

When it rains it pours! My 3 year old washing machine broke. :-( I was terribly disappointed. The rubber seal around the door some how developed a rather large hole and was spilling water out and into the catch pan below the machine. No good! Especially since our laundry room is on the second floor. However there is a drain that is suppose to catch any liquid before it spills out beyond the pan... but I don't wanna depend on that small drain saving my carpet. So my handy dandy hubby leaped to my rescue and ordered the replacement part ASAP. YEAH!!!! Only problem was that I had all of my laundry still to do. I have found over the years that it really is just easier for me to do the majority of my wash on a specific weekend day. I do wash the odd load during the week if needed, but the majority waits till my scheduled wash day. This posed a dilemma. So I decided to hit the local laundry mat. When I made my announcement to the family and requested their dirty laundry I was asked a peculiar question. Josh replied, " Mom, what's a laundry mat?". Much to my surprise he had never seen nor heard of such a thing. I quickly explained the center and he was impressed that I would be able to wash and dry all the clothes at one time. So I was off!

On the cruise over I realized that it has been years since I too had stepped inside a laundry mat. I bet the better part of ten years had gone by since I needed to wash outside of the home. The last time I thought about going was when Kyle vomited on a camping trip in and on his sleeping bag. YUCK!! I thought for a brief period about salvaging the bag then just decided to pitch it. Really, what were my chances of washing out red kool-aid stains out of a light blue bag. Anyways, the facility wasn't too bad, and I quickly befriended a lady whom used the facility alot. She quickly gave me a quick tour and told me which machines to stay away from (coin issues, washer breakdowns, etc...). I settled in and caught a gripping show from Dr. Phil. I was in and out of there in less than 2 hours with five large loads of laundry. Mission accomplished!

1 comment:

Carla said...

I think I NEED a laundry mat in my HOUSE!!!