Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Inside Jokes

With Tom on a business trip this week I am loaded to the max with baseball practices, homework and scouts this week. While being a single parent for a week isn't all that bad, it is much nicer when both parents can participate in taking care of the children. This brings me to my first inside joke. I hate giving the kids a bath. I'm not quite sure why, but I do! Always have and probably at this point always will. So when Tom is away our running inside joke is him asking if I have bathed the kids......or let them stink all week. Now of course I bathe the kids. (Under protest, but I do bathe them.) However his comments always make me chuckle and I like to get his goat by telling him that the kids will be ready for a long bath when he returns. Our second joke while he is gone is our poor eating habits. Heaven help us if he ever did leave for any real amount of time. When Tom is gone we eat things like chicken nuggets, french fries, hot dogs, microwave meals, spaghetti-o's and such. Not exactly what Tom considers a dinner by any sorts. I try to cover the five food groups at some point during the day :-) So our conversations on the phone in the evening usually consist of bantering back and forth as to whether the kids were clean and had we eaten ice cream sandwiches for dinner. In fact that sounds yummy. Maybe we'll have those tomorrow night!

1 comment:

Carla said...

Tom could NEVER be a MTI!!
Your kids would stink and never get to eat a decent meal.....LOL

Never mind...we have that problem here, too!!