Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Mama Nubs

This is the new nickname given to me by my oldest. Let me set the stage for you. A few weeks ago I attended a Pampered Chef show and purchased a knife. A sharp paring knife to be exact (yes I now your already ahead of me on this one). Ever since I received this new knife I have been warning both Kyle & hubby to beware of the super sharp knife. I again reminded Kyle of this as he was cutting up tomatoes and olives for tonight's dinner. Then I decided last minute to cut up one more tomato. Well you know what happened. Yes, I cut myself. This damn knife cut off the whole tip of my left thumb. I was crying in pain. Kyle couldn't believe it. I told him to throw away the tomatoes and he immediately started looking for my missing bit. It was still attached to the blade of the knife. I thought he was gonna puke. He was totally grossed out. And I was still in pain. He did show off some First Aid skills and got me all bandaged up. So buyer beware when it comes to sharp knives...you too could earn the nickname "mama nubs"

No comments: