Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The Gift

Here she is in all her beauty (Dad, pay no attention to the dirt markings on the rear tire). This is hubby's new pride & joy. He brought this puppy home the day after Thanksgiving. Hubby is lucky to have such a gracious father-in-law. My Dad bestowed upon hubby the keys to one of his finest worldly possessions and let him drive away with it for a mere $1. At first I was concerned. Why would someone give such a gift...was he sick, did he know something I didn't, but the conclusion came that he was just doing a great deed to our family. That worldly possessions mean nothing , but that seeing family happy means everything. This was a profound moment. My Dad loved this truck so much that it sat for over 10 years in the garage. "Old Blue"(yes I've named it) only has 12,000 miles on it. So for him to give it to us was a true act of kindness and love. So to Dad I send out a big THANK YOU! Love ya lots!

No comments: