Friday, March 28, 2008

Yummy dinner

Spring Break is almost to an end and this week has brought fun times outside and overnight sleepovers. Kyle has been away two nights and he has also had friends spend the night. Which isn't too bad. Especially since my new found favorite friend of his is "Adam". He is staying for a second night tonight and much to my delight he planned a meal for our family. He is planning on becoming a chef after high school and opening a restaurant with his brother(whom is also a chef). He made us yummy chicken breasts with a rice dish that has oodles of cheese in it. Some snow peas and yes a dessert to finish off with. The best part is that I didn't even supply the food. This kid supplied it all. Now you know why I love him so much. :-) I quickly told him that he was welcome anytime.... Now if only Kyle would take some pointers and make a few meals here and there I would be happy. However I did want to cry at dinner. During a casual conversation, Adam told us that he fixes dinner almost every night for his family. However his parents work long hours and that they do not sit together at a dinner table. He said that he usually eats his meals either in his room or the family room. He said that he enjoyed eating at the table with all of us. I felt so bad for him. We always eat together as a family and I guess I take that piece of family time for advantage. So my hats off to Adam for a superb dinner and he is welcome to join us at our kitchen table anytime.

2 comments:

Carla said...

How do you think he feels about visiting TEXAS?? ;-)
It is sad that he eats dinner alone
each night!

Ellen said...

I'll ask about Texas! I'll give him all the perks. ;-) I know it just breaks my heart that he eats alone.