Thursday, March 6, 2008

The "New Hair-do"




Yesterday was a big step for me. I walked into the salon and requested that the stylist give me a new do. Something hip and easy to fix. I was tired of always resorting to pulling my hair back into a ponytail because it was just too much hair for me to style. Therefore it had to be of a length that was too short for any quick up do's. With that said she went right to work. Just a quick note: I have seen this stylist on other occasions so I wasn't too worried :-) Next thing I knew my hair in the back was completely chopped off. A small gasp escaped from my lips (I was desperately looking for super glue or perhaps a hair weave at this point would do). Yikes! After a few more large chops at my hair I sat there in shock. It was new and hip! Maybe not really what I was looking for , but new & hip. The kids noticed right away. Kyle's first words to me were "You look like Amy". Amy is my younger hipper cousin (so I'm taking that as a compliment). Joshua said it was "different" and Andrew just took a double look and went on. However one of my dear sweet preschoolers today proclaimed that my hair "looked funny". I'm also gonna take it as a compliment and move on. It will surely take me some time to learn how to use the flat iron and style my hair every morning but I'm looking forward to the challenge. Let me know what you think about the new improvements, flop or hit?

1 comment:

Carla said...

I LOVE the new *do* You look so young! And I think it makes your boobs look bigger!! lol