Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Mass Organization can sometimes lead to Chaos!

Ever been too organized? Found perfect homes for items while cleaning only to forget where you put them? This happens to me all the time. I like to refer to it as "Organizational Alzheimer's". I love a clean spotless house. I love to rummage through closets and rid myself of items I no longer use (yes I know it's a bit of a sickness). Countless times I find myself purging kitchen drawers full of junk and rearranging items for that perfect fit. Then it happens. Tom comes in and looks for a specific item in its old spot. Like magic it has disappeared. Then the question comes. "Ellen where did you move my whatchamacallit?". I stand there puzzled while he tells me where it should be and no longer is. I ponder a bit longer...which only frustrates him. I can't help it I suffer from "Organizational Alzheimer's". For the life of me I will be wiped blank of all knowledge as to where the whatchamacallit is now. I feverishly tear through cabinets, drawers, closets until alas I find it. It's always in the last place you look (HA HA). TA-DA!!!!! Eureka I've found it. This is when Tom gives me the bewildered look and goes on about his business.

While Tom may not suffer from "organizational Alzheimer's", he surely suffers from "Pack Ratitis". This too can be quite a challenge to overcome. Our garage represents the chaos ensued by 7 or more model airplanes with all their bits and parts. And don't get me started on the hundreds of tools for this and that he has collected over the years. I keep threatening to clean house and haul in a dumpster to unload all his crap. But instead I will continue to nag him endlessly until he finally decides he has no chance in hell of getting me off of his back. :-) And to think our Anniversary is coming up. What a gift! Organization would be tops on my list!

No comments: