Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Mammograms & Mommies

Well I survived my first mammogram. I was scared from all the hoopla from other women about pain and agony, but I really felt like it was nothing at all. Now of course I am not overly well endowed so that could have something to do with it. However; I would do a mammogram any day over a pelvic exam. While I was a bit uncomfortable with a perfect stranger positioning my boob in all different fashions, I did become more comfortable after the first couple x-rays. My one and only complaint was the temperature of the room. It was like an iceberg in there. Especially since your practically naked from the waist up. But once I was moved to the second exam room for the ultrasound I was quickly warmed up with nice toasty towels. I wish I had one of those towel warmers in my house. How nice it would be to take a morning shower and dry off with one of those ready and waiting. I watched the ultrasound and while I have no M.D. behind my name I feel pretty confident that all will turn out well and the lumps found are merely cysts.

Kyle came home shortly after my arrival back home and spotted a Burger King cup in the trash (boy you can't get away with anything with kids around) and began to question me about my daily travels and if I had eaten at B.K. If the evidence in the trash wasn't enough. While I explained why I was entitled to a fast food snack he caught only the part of my explanation that indicated an ultrasound (men's selective hearing I suppose) and quickly popped his head around the corner and said with surprise "Your not pregnant are you?", "Tell me you are not you having another baby?'. According to him ultrasounds are only for pregnancies. When I explained the situation he let out a sigh of relief. I guess that was hid way of telling me were crazy if we even think about having another one. YIKES!

1 comment:

Carla said...

I laughed out loud! Kyle cracks me up!! Tell him MYOB..(mind your own business) LOL
That is what the kindergarten teacher on base last year taught my kids!