Monday, January 21, 2008

John Lennon sighting

Unlike all the folks whom have claimed to see Elvis in coffee shops and 7-eleven's, I have spotted the late John Lennon on the side of Rt. 13. And get this he was dressed as Uncle Sam. Apparently Liberty Tax was able to horn-swaggle him into a gig standing along the highway in a Uncle Sam costume waving to all that passed by. Complete with scruffy beard, long light brown hair and the notorious round sunglasses. I slowed down to wave and gawk. Surely this guy realizes his uncanny resemblance to the former Beatle. From that moment on I thought of just about every song I could think of that had anything to do with Lennon. "Strawberry Fields", "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band", "Give Peace a Chance". Then it dawned on me..... what an oxymoron. Lennon was against popular politics and government affairs. I'm sure he was against taxes. Well I suppose even the Lennon look a-like's out there need a job too. Rock on Liberty "Tax Man".

2 comments:

4funboys said...

What a cute family! I just wondered into your place... had to laugh about cleaning 24/7 with three boys. It's even worse with 4, but I'm looking forward to the days of having a fantastic work force! I just started blogging too... we'll see how it goes.

Ellen said...

Good luck with blogging. I too am looking forward to having a cleaning crew, lawn mowers, snow shovelers for the next 16+ years. :-)