Thursday, January 31, 2008

10 cent words

While driving home yesterday from picking Kyle up at play practice I could swear that our minivan was making a peculiar sound. I stopped at the school exit stop sign and ran around the car checking all tires. Good to go there! I hop back in the van and begin to drive again. I then turn down the radio and lean over the steering wheel with my head at a tilt to take another listen. Then my son Kyle asks me what I am doing. I tell him that I hear something and that I am taking a closer listen. With that he too leans forward and tilts his head so that we are now facing each other (apparently nobody was watching the road). With heads tilted he then looks me straight in the eye and says, "Mom you are delusional". What? I know what the word means but I was unaware that my son knew the word too. Then a quick quiz.... tell me what it means. Like a dictionary he rattles off a definition. "Now spell it", here again he belts out the correct spelling. Public educational is working ;-) Even if it is used to indicate that you believe your mother is nuts & hearing things!

No comments: