Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Small town

To quote the infamous John Cougar Mellancamp "I was born in a small town, I live in a small town", and if you lived in my small town you may very well have have received a ticket from the local police in this small town(I have been lucky so far...of course hubby says I drive like a snail).
This new addition to my small town cracks me up each time I drive by it. This sign sits along a well traveled highway and is seen by thousands a day. The owner of this sign even went to the trouble to illuminate it at night. You see I believe that my small town's budget depends on the number of traffic citations written each year. In fact aside from a little property tax income I bet speeding citations is their main source of revenue. I have sat at T-ball games that are no more than 1 1/2 hours-2 hours in length and have counted 16 cars cited with speeding violations. These local police are ruthless. However I do believe they have been outsmarted. See this sign is just North of the speed trap and gives drivers enough time to slow down to the posted 45 mph. Since the sign has gone up I haven't seen one violation being written in my drive back and forth through the speed trap zone. To add insult to injury the owner of the sign is supposedly in law enforcement as well. I can't say for sure if he has received a ticket himself but apparently felt it necessary to warn others of the trap.

No comments: