Friday, February 27, 2009

The Bug

It seems as if my lucky streak has ended. The flu bug seems to have found me. "K" came home feeling really bad Tuesday night and went straight to bed. Early Wednesday morning I was awakened to the grizzly bear sounds of him puking in the boys bathroom down the hall. He decided to toss his cookies twice more before I left for work. I came home prepared to Lysol the entire house. While out I had stopped at Wal-mart and had stocked up on rubber disposable gloves, Lysol, Clorox, ginger ale and a chocolate bar(for me of course). The poor kid was still feeling like death warmed over and of course waited for me to return to puke again. Do I have that affect on people? Anyways, he didn't eat anything and just sipped on sweet tea the rest of the day. He was convinced that the ginger ale had made him puke. Yesterday he was no better so off he went to the walk-in clinic. There they loaded him up on fluids via an IV. He also had a wicked cough and a chest x-ray ruled out pneumonia. 1 IV bag later we were sent packing with an antibiotic for his bronchitis and phenergan for his vomiting. While I thought we were out of the woods, "A" woke up in the middle of the night crying of being hot. Yep, he had a temp. As I write this he is sacked out on the living room couch in his "nest". When any of my kids are sick I always build them a nest with extra blankets, pillows, tissues, a drink with straw, vinyl tablecloth(protect the rug from puke) and a vomit bucket. "A" has not yet puked but if he follows suit after his older brother then that symptom should be showing up by tonight. I can only keep my fingers crossed and hand sanitizer on hand and pray that I too do not fall victim to the stomach flu.

1 comment:

Marva said...

So sorry you guys have the bug running rampant in your house! Hope you stay healthy!