Thursday, February 19, 2009

Daddy saves the day

Let me set the scene for you: it's cold & rainy here so what better night than to have grilled cheese sandwiches and hot tomato soup for dinner (note the word hot). All is going swimmingly with dinner prep and due to the endless amounts of homework piling up on the kitchen table we opt to eat in the dining room. I bring in all the vittles and soup is ladled from the pot into bowls. Here's where things get dicey. Yes the soup was hot...however it had sat on a burner that was not hot for the better part of at least 5 minutes cooling down. Back to the story.... I hand "A" his bowl of soup at the same time he is reaching for it and somehow it pours down the front of him and onto my hand. I scream from the burning liquid eating at my flesh then yank him to his feet and pull the clothing away from his skin as quickly as possible. So I'm screaming, he's screaming and Dad runs in and sees us freaking out. He comes to our rescue and literally rips the kids shirt off. Thus saving the day. "A" had no burns and I only had slight burns to my hand. I always promise those dining with us dinner & a show. Tonight was no exception.

1 comment:

Carla said...

I want my money back...I never got a show!! Glad your little guy is ok!! Sorry about your hand, ouch!

Hugs from TX where it is currently 58 degrees at 10 pm.