Monday, February 16, 2009

Catchin' up

OK! I've been a little busy and haven't quite kept up with uploading my photos or blogging as much. So here's a recap of the past few weeks goings-ons (that's hillbilly talk for what's been happening in my neck of the woods). It was that time of year again. Time for the annual "Feller's Cake Bake". Here scouts and a male partner of their choosing(in this case dad) come up with some sort of themed cake and allow the pack to auction it off to the highest bidder. "J' has been quite enamored with battleships since his overnight stay on the decommissioned USS. New Jersey. So here are a few pictures of their edible version. This was also our Blue & Gold banquet night and "J' walked away with the coveted Bear rank patch he has been working on diligently.
This was just a cute little snuggle "A" and I had while at the dinner. We also had a swim team banquet the following weekend and walked away with many ribbons and a trophy. However Mom ran out of the house that night and left the camera behind. So sorry no pictures from that event.
The boys went off to Grammy's this weekend and hubby and I were off for a weekend of fun. We jumped back into the car after our drop-off of the munchkins and headed to the church for a "Heart to Heart" dinner. On our way we ran upon this 18 wheeler. While I may not be the best proofreader I do believe I would have found this mistake right away.

Below is a picture of hubby and I after a lovely dinner and show at the church. We took pictures at the church but with it being dark and candlelight only..... well let's just say the pictures weren't that flattering so I opted for a few pictures that night at home afterwards. I must say that the blue shirt really brings out hubby's brilliant blue eyes. Valentine's Day was rather uneventful, we shopped and ate dinner at Pat's Pizzeria.*I love the grilled chicken salads there.* Sunday we went to the early contemporary service and headed out for lunch at McGlynn's. We were going to take in a movie last night but there really wasn't anything playing that I just really wanted to see. So we opted for a movie night at home. We watched "Fool's Gold" and ate popcorn, cracker jacks, cheese puffs, chocolates, soda(spiked) and enjoyed the movie. Now it's back to reality. As I write this hubby is meeting up with Grammy to retrieve the boys and I am off to my college classes this afternoon. I promise to keep up more! Are the Charlie Brown show tunes getting to you yet? I won't torture you too long. The show is planned for the middle of April. Yeah!







3 comments:

Carla said...

Just how much did that cake go for? I showed Ethan the pic and he says *hey, thats my friend!!* LOL

Well, your weekend was more fun than mine!!

Marva said...

We'll be making our cake on Friday as Saturday is our B&G Banquet. Of course the hubby is gone, so it looks like the little man and I will be designing this cake. Oh joy.

Ellen said...

While I do love the perks of military life it does often seem that our significant others are always called away when we need or want them the most. Good luck in your cake baking. We'll be busy here starting our pinewood derby car for the end of th month race. I need summer to get here for a bit of a slow down!