Thursday, May 1, 2008

What happened to April?

Today was a busy day! Heck, the whole month of April seemed to fly by. Between baseball games, scouting events and life in general I seem to be pretty occupied. Some have called this a "rat race", I suppose I'm the rat always on the run for that next piece of cheese. Today was no different. I was out the door and on my way to another field trip with my preschoolers. The farm was out destination and I was all prepared with hand sanitizer and tissues. After Andy and I breathed in all the fresh farm air we were off to the commissary. What a treat, NOT!!! Apparently me & everyone else with an I.D. had the same notion. The commissary was packed. Bumper to bumper carts and rude people were among my company. I only hit the commissary once a month for all my grocery needs, with Tom stopping in once or twice to replenish milk & eggs. So you can image my cart is packed and most days I end up parking my full cart over by the deli and finishing up with a second cart. Then it's home to put everything away. Grocery days are the best days for the boys. They tear through the food and never know where to start first. I have caught on over the years and now lock all duplicates up in a foot locker and replenish my pantry upstairs as needed. If I let them eat at that pace we would have no food (snacks) left by the 15th of the month.

Once home and grocery task accomplished the laundry was calling for me. A faint "Wash me" could be heard from the piles of clothes in each of our rooms. While today wasn't officially "wash day" I did throw a load in for the guys since they will be camping this weekend (what a thoughtful mom & wife). The boys are attending the Scout Jamboree this weekend, which happens to be in our area this year. All of my guys really enjoy camping and roughing it. I on the other hand prefer to sleep in a bed with electricity and all the amenities one needs at my fingertips. I'm not much of a camper at all. There's nothing attractive to me than having to pee in the woods. Nope, not my cup of tea.

1 comment:

Carla said...

You should have planned to come for the weekend!!