Monday, May 12, 2008

Mommies & Music

Happy belated Mother's Day to all of you momma's out there. My Mother's Day went pretty well. In lieu of gifts I simply asked my hubby to tackle 12 items on his "Honey-do" list. The majority of the taskings we small (like hanging a picture). Others were a little more involved like bringing all of the yard sale stuff up from the basement. But what a trooper, he did them all. YEAH!!! The boys were sweet and made me homemade cards. I even cooked my hubby's favorite dinner last night (yes I know it was Mother's Day) but I too was craving roast beef with gravy and scalloped potatoes. It's been cold and rainy here this past weekend and the mother of all wind and rain storms hit us last night and hasn't left yet. We've had 50 mile a hour winds with unbelievable downpours. I don't want to hear a thing about a drought in this area for awhile.

So what's up with my new music? Well I'll tell you a bit of music trivia I heard today. Apparently today is Steve Windwood's 60th birthday (I just love his voice). Before he branched out on his own he was the singer and piano player for the Spencer Davis Group. The amazing part of this story is that he wrote this song "Gimme some lovin'" at the age of 15. Unbelievable! I can't imagine my oldest writing a song at the wee age of 15. Yes, I know I love the oldies :-)

1 comment:

Carla said...

Do you think Tom could come visit and do some things around here?!? LOL

I'm glad you had a happy mom's day!!!