Saturday, May 17, 2008

The 80's

Anyone feelin' like the 80's tonight? I am!!! I suppose you can say I've taken another memorable trip down memory lane....no I haven't been drinking! I was randomly sifting through the free movies on OnDemand and came across some great 80's hits. Pretty in pink, 16 candles, Breakfast Club. So it got me thinking. WOW! Has it been 20 years + that have really passed. It all seems like yesterday. While some memories are fleeting, others seem almost as vivid as what I ate for lunch today. I remember my first smooch, pets I had (annoyed), Bob's Big Boy meals with Grandma Crosse, swimming, eating my giant white flop-eared rabbit (long story). I begin to remember the 80's when I hear great songs on the radio such as the songs sang by Tears for Fears or Talking Heads. These songs always seem to take me back in time if even for the briefest of moments. Where were you in 1980 something? Rockin' out to Madonna with your bangle bracelets and legwarmers or living like a rock star with Tommy Lee and the bad boys with Motley Crue?

3 comments:

Carla said...

LOL You crack me up!!! I do like the Eileen song....
you should ride with John some time...he has tons of 80's music!!
Cracks me up that Jon Cryer is on 2 and a half Men.
Em and I are missing DE today!!! ;-(

Carla said...

go to my blog and read...I have been Tagged!

Carla said...

YOU have been tagged, is what I meant to say!!!