Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Upcoming Birthdays

August is full of birthdays. We begin with my mother-in-laws birthday finishing up the month of July and everything snowballs from there. My dad's b-day is 8/10, father-in-law 8/16 & Kyle's the 22nd. Josh's swings in right at the beginning of September. Needless to say there is an endless supply of parties & birthday cake this time of year. This is a big year for us as Kyle turns 16! Apparently time flies when your having fun!!!! So last night I was alone at Wal-mart and decided that this was a good time for some birthday card shopping. Now for some folks I just pick one of the first ones I find and move on.... but not when it comes to my Dad. No then I must take the time to painstakingly find just the right card. My family and I have a strange sense of humor and just anything will not do. So after 20-25 minutes of reading card after card, I found it. You know you've found the one when you laugh so hard you almost pee yourself in the aisle. In fact I giggled throughout Wal-Mart at random times. I would think back to the punch line and giggle some more. I even did well with the card for my father-in-law. I wasn't so lucky finding a good "Sweet 16" card. I suppose I will hit the Hallmark store and search their shelves for the hit of the year.

1 comment:

Lynette in Delaware said...

Whats up with birthdays in families hitting in bulk?
I know in my family December is the killer month.
We are looking forward to seeing you all this weekend!!!!!
See you then!