Thursday, July 10, 2008

Insomnia

Yes, it's 4 am and I am awake. I wrestled around in the bed trying to fall back asleep with no luck. So here I am on the computer researching snakes and blogging. Yesterday while mowing the grass I discovered that we had two snakes residing in our front flower garden. I can't stand snakes and with two living just outside my front door....well YUCK! By my findings on the Internet they appear to be Northern Copperheads ( a venomous snake). When I called my father to tell him of my dilemma and ask for a solution I was told to buy a mongoose. You know that ferret/weasel like creature that likes to eat and fight snakes. Thanks for the advice Dad but I think I will try the new snake traps they have out first. Who knew they had snake traps. These cardboard box traps work like the sticky mouse traps only on a larger scale. Now they suggest a catch and release method but the directions indicate that to release you must spray the box(with snake) with a vegetable spray. I'm thinking more of the catch and chop it's head off route. Sounds easier and safer to me.

This insomnia thing had better not last long. I can only do so many things in the wee hours of the morning. In fact I'm not used to seeing this time of the morning. I'd watch T.V but I'm sure its littered with infomercials. That's an idea..... they may actually bore me back to sleep. Here I come salesman do you magic.

No comments: