Friday, December 18, 2009

"Baby it's cold outside"

Wow what a difference a few days make. It is absolutely frigid outside and the weatherman is calling for 10-18 inches of snow starting tonight. The kids are totally excited and I do love to watch the snow fall. I however do not like to be in the snow, shovel the snow, clean up tracked in snow or drive through snow. If only I could just blissfully watch from my dining room window and never touch a snowflake I would be happy. I plan on baking multiple dozens of cookies, hanging out in my pajamas and collecting more items to go to the Goodwill before Christmas arrives.
I have absolutely no time for any snow delays this week. We are ever so busy this week with a Christmas light flight, gift exchange with family and all the festivities with Christmas Eve. I'm feeling overwhelmed just thinking about it. Perhaps I'll just continue to sit here by the fire and enjoy the beautiful lights on my tree. Yep sounds like a plan.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Do you bring stuff to goodwill every Christmas? That is so nice!

Ellen said...

Kimberly- I frequent the Goodwill quite a bit. I love to purge items and feel that the Goodwill is the best place to recycle gently used items for someone elses's benefit.

Mabel- Thanks for visiting. I am not the greatest at blogging but I try.