Friday, July 10, 2009

Tidbits & Trash

Where is all of my time going? I was able to write more frequently when I was working and attending college classes. Now that I'm doing neither I seem to have lost my free time. Go figure! I've been running kids to 4-H camp, going to Dr. appointments and trying to put together my newly finished basement.

However, I was preoccupied this morning with stalking the trash men. The trash guys like to leave me nasty grams concerning my trash violations. Apparently they will not pick up bags off the curb. All bags must be placed in a trash can and you can't have more than 3 or 4 cans. The bags of trash I had from the basement were too big to place inside the trash cans so I merely placed them on top. I also had a bag of trash with no can left over. So instead of waiting until next week to get rid of the bag I waited for the trash men. I was perched on my front stoop just waiting. Once they were near I walked the extra bag down and kindly asked if I could throw it in the back of the truck. And guess what they said........... with a smile they said "YES". Unbelievable! If I would have left the bag on the street it would have stayed there and a pink violation notice would be hanging out of my trash can. But I suppose they couldn't argue since I asked nicely. Mission accomplished!

Now I need to get my fanny in gear and work my way through the garage. There are a sea of boxes, camping equipment and furniture that needs to be moved to the basement all over what once was a clean garage. But, the little guys are off to Camp Happy Grammy and I will have plenty of time to rummage through the garage without stopping to watch them ride bikes, fix lunch or sit at the pool. I may even squeeze in time to organize my photos and post a few. Check back and see if I have accomplished anything!

No comments: