Saturday, July 25, 2009

All things Fun

We ventured out on Thursday to the Delaware State Fair. The boys were excited and I had my happy face on. I'm really not that smitten with the fair. The over-priced food & rides, heat, crowds and sales vendors really turn me off. However this year the weather was in my favor. It was a rather pleasant night with a cool breeze blowing. The boys loved seeing the pigs & goats. They were also able to ride ponies and play cowboy games during the rodeo pre-show.



Here's a few pics on A riding "Pepsi".

They then were taught how to lasso by a "real" cowboy. My boys must have seem sheltered to the men because they were in awe at the "real" cowboys.





Poor A had to be the girl in this photo op.


Hubby & I joined in on the fun.




Then we were off to the Demolition Derby. The boys enjoyed watching these old cars run into each other and get all smashed up. Afterwards we ended back up at the Rodeo show and were able to catch the Bull riding event which is the highlight of the show. By the end of the night I was able to mark two things off my Bucket List: Demolition Derby (check), Rodeo (check).
Friday morning brought more excitement to the boys. We went and spent a day at a friend's home. The boys played so nicely together. It's funny how the dynamics change when you add additional children. They played outside, video games and swam in the pool. After lunch they did it all over again. They were pooped on the way home. Thanks to Ms. Joanne for the fun play date.

All smiles!


Hubby's working this weekend so we will be looking for things to get into. I think we'll hit the base movies and perhaps the pool.
Sounds like a plan.









1 comment:

Lynette in Delaware said...

After seeing all the fun things you do, my life seems very boring!
So glad you are enjoying youe summer!