Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Baby you can drive my car!

I dared try to teach "K" to drive a stick shift on Mother's Day night. Hubby had finally made it home from work and I felt that this was perfect timing to teach the young lad. We hopped in the car and took off. He had driven it once before a few weeks ago with his dad. So we took it easy through the community and then I finally persuaded him to venture out onto the real roads. He panicked once when a car was behind us at a stop sign on a slight hill, but he managed to not roll too far back. We then headed deep into the country on some winding, twisting roads. We ended up coming upon a main road and since he was doing so well I suggested we take it and circle back. Then out of no where a deer appeared. "K" was smart and slowed down...all while the deer ran along side us and then cut diagonally in front of us. I'm already a skiddish passenger no matter whom is driving. But for some unknown reason I went straight for the door handle. I must be crazy. For a split second I really thought I could jump from the car and help stop it with my feet. Where are my brains? So what did I do today, I went joyriding with "K" again. He did really well tonight and I didn't reach for the door handle once.

No comments: