Monday, February 11, 2008

You "Auto" Know

On yet the coldest day our vans heater mysteriously stops working. About 2 months ago our minivan finally rolled over 100K miles. Shortly thereafter the check engine light appeared. Tom assured me that this was a preset warning signal that was set off to bring us back into the dealership for an over priced check-up. However on my way to the med. clinic this morning I became frigidly aware that the heat was not working at all. Cold air was streaming through my already frozen torso and numbing my limbs. Apparently it now appears as if the thermostat in the van is shot. This added to brakes that thunk and shocks that make horrendous noises when run across any uneven roadways. Perhaps you remember a previous blog where I could have sworn I heard some sort of racket coming from this van just weeks ago. Yes the incident where my oldest called me "delusional". Who's delusional now?

Coincidentally I drove past what I would appear as my "only" solution. That 2008 Honda Odyssey I've always wanted. You know the one! It is silver with leather seats, DVD (with headphones), stow away seats, in-dash GPS navigator, sound proof cockpit that drowns out whining, sibling rivalry, and overall fussiness ( I must be dreaming now). But there she was parked at the Honda dealership calling out my name. It was as if a tracker beam was pulling me in. Then I switched back into reality and pulled into the Dollar Tree parking lot for some great Valentine bargains. A girls gotta dream!

Anyway, just a quick note to wrap up the pinewood derby business. Joshua took second place in the race. We are now off to the district championship to race against the other winners from surrounding packs within our county. He was so proud of himself. Dad was tickled pink too! The two of them were like strutting peacocks. While they showed great sportmanship at the race, the hi-5's were aplenty back home. Great job boys!

No comments: