Monday, February 4, 2008

Super Bowl Widow

I was officially a Super Bowl widow last night. For the first time ever my husband left me home alone during the game. :-) I was happy!!! I'm not much of a sports fan and neither is he really, but an evening of peace and quiet was nice. Our oldest was invited to a party as well, so it was just me and the little guys. Considering their early bedtime since it was a school night I had 31/2 hours of quiet time. I'm not totally unAmerican, I did have the game on for the first two quarters (on mute). I wasn't that impressed with the commercials..... but I did enjoy the half-time show. Goodness sake's Tom Petty is starting to look a bit old, though.
I surprised myself asnd was able to accomplish quite alot in my 31/2 hours. I organized the entertainment center, cleaned and decluttered my bedroom and did my taxes. All while washing and drying multiple loads of laundry. Mission accomplished. Too bad these games don't come around more than once a year. Perhaps I should convince my husband to begin to watch basketball. Isn't there a month long spree of games in March. Imagine what I could do if I had a month's worth of weekends available.

No comments: