Friday, February 8, 2008

T minus 6 days

Only 6 more shopping days left until the "sweetheart" of all holidays arrives. I love chocolate! So I'm all about any holiday that is centered around sweet milk chocolate and that "love" thing too! Ran to Wal-Mart today and picked up my boxes of sweethearts for my preschooler's, but I suppose I will take my boys back out tonight to pick out their very own Valentine's to give (I can't take all the fun out of this holiday). The hubby and I will celebrate the weekend following. I am fortunate enough to have parents that give me a much needed break from the kids every couple of months. I know they would take them more often but the distance between our homes is a bit too much with all of the kids activities (Thanks Mom & Dad ;-) ).

This weekend will breeze by pretty quickly. We have registration for pinewood derby cars tonight. This is where they measure and weigh them and do a practice run down the track to ensure that the care is completely operational. Then we have to be back Saturday morning for the race by 8:30 (did I mention that I have to bake items Friday night for the bake sale for scouts). Then run Kyle to practice Saturday morning and register the little guys for little league sometime between 9am-noon. I was hoping to squeeze in a hair appointment tomorrow, but fat chance on that one. These pinewood derby races can last several hours with a pack the size of the one we are in. To top things off my middle guy "Joshua" is serving his first Sunday morning as an acolyte. I can't wait! Kyle was one too at his age and they are just so darn cute in those white robes (kinda angelic).

Well off to start mixing and baking! Enjoy the weekend.

No comments: