Saturday, November 8, 2008

Goodies!

Look at this pathetic pup! We just had to buy this hot dog costume at Target for $5.00. He was less than thrilled but we got a hoot out of seeing him parade around in it. We'll certainly have him all suited up for next Halloween's trick-or-treating.

Some great things have been happening around here. We received a letter in the mail from a very important person. Joshua had written President Bush back in the summer and had informed him that he had just completed a school project on him and that he was fond of him. We waited and waited and had really given up on a response and then this came in the mail.
He graciously sent a letter expressing his thanks to Josh and giving him some sound advice for future plans. He also enclosed a picture of Barney (his reporter biting dog) and a picture of himself wearing a cowboy hat. We ran out and bought frames for the pictures and they will now have a coveted place in his bedroom. He kinda reminds me Alex P. Keaton off of "Family Ties" with his picture and admiration for Ronald Reagan.
Josh had a great swim meet this morning. After a second place swim on his first round he pulled through later to win first place for his backstroke during the Medley. I was really excited and so proud. I wish I would have brought my camera but it was back home charging. I had to have lost 5 pounds in sweat alone there. With all of those kids, fans and warm water it was like a sauna. I wanted to strip down to nothing (but I spared those sitting around me and kept myself clothed). I can't wait till the next swim meet..... watch out folks he's part shark!

No comments: