Thursday, June 19, 2008

Yep..My memory is gone

I spoke yesterday briefly about my memory and its fleeting moments. Today was a shining example of the lack of memory I really have. After VBS we needed to quickly make a pit stop at Wal-mart to pick up some essentials. The kids wore me down and we all three purchased a Hershey candy bar. I told the children they would have to quickly eat the chocolate bars in between stops as we had to run also to Lowe's. This plus the fact that it was quite warm in the car and the bars were beginning to melt. (Thank goodness baby wipes were purchased at Wal-mart). By the time I pulled into the Lowe's parking lot they were covered with chocolate. So here we were cleaning up and I swear it took no less than 6 wipes for them just to wash their hands. Anyways we ran inside to the garden section and picked up the bags of mulch we needed and as always we needed to visit the fountain (little man's request) and pitch in a few coins. Then we whizzed around the flowers and paid for our loot. After paying it dawns on me that I no longer have my car keys. Panic mode slips in and I begin to perspire. Did I leave them back at the mulch, lay them down near the fountain.... perhaps over by the flowers. I dig through my purse, pat my pockets down and then glance out towards the car. We walk out in a rather fast pace and low and behold there they were, hanging from the ignition no less. Here I had left the windows down with all my goodies from Wal-mart and had left the keys in the car. I could have just placed a sign in the windshield that read "Steal Me". As I sat down in the driver's seat puzzled I couldn't even think of why, when, or how I could have done such a stunt. I had better hope hubby doesn't find out about today's shenanigans or I will never live it down. He's still picking on me for leaving my house keys in the front door lock overnight. YIKES! Perhaps I shall bribe the kids with additional chocolate to keep them quiet. :-)

1 comment:

Carla said...

Apparently he never looks at your blog???
lol