Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Memorization

As I stated in my last post, this VBS deal is really working out to my advantage. The kids are still anxiously cleaning and looking for chores to do to receive sign-offs for daily stickers. But this is the miraculous part... my youngest whom just turned 5 this past March is memorizing bible verses. And I don't mean easy one's either. His verse this week is:

Hebrews 12:1-2
"...Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus...who...endured the cross...and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God."


So there I sit in awe as my 5 yr.old rattles this off of his tongue like he rattles off our address. WOW!! Now I know they shortened the verses for them but still that's a lot of words for little guys, especially perseverance. Our middle guy had to memorize a bit more with Joshua 1:7-9.
I can't remember what I had for lunch yesterday or if I took my pills this morning much less memory verses. Their brains are soaking all of this in and that is truly awesome. And speaking of awesome I hope you are enjoying the new tunes I plugged into my blog. These songs are some of my favorite praise & worship songs. I hope they become yours too.

No comments: