Monday, June 16, 2008

I love VBS!!!!

I love this time of year. No not summer...VBS (Vacation Bible School) time. There is no other time in the year that the boys are so eager to tackle chores. These two are like hummingbirds buzzing around this place. They are cleaning up bathrooms, picking up toys, making beds, folding laundry. All for stickers to add in their VBS books. I wish they had this kind of ambition all year long.

This morning was a bit rough getting out of bed on time, but we persevered. The theme this year is "Olympion...The Race for Life". Quite fitting with this years summer Olympics upon us soon. I always volunteer at these events. It's not worth it to me to drive there only to be back within 3 hours. Plus I enjoy all the hoop-lah. We are planning on attending yet another VBS next week at the base. That one is themed "Power Lab" I hope my boys will continue on this path of eagerness and helpfulness. My house may be in top notch in no time. :-)

No comments: