Thursday, August 7, 2008

There's a reason they call it "Boy"Scout camp

This week hubby & I came up with a cool idea of spending some quality time with Kyle here at Boy Scout camp. He has been teaching here as a counselor for most of the summer and the short 18 hour turn around time he has over the weekend just isn't long enough to really catch up and hang out. So here I am. I am not a camper. I have never professed to be one. In fact I don't like camping at all. With that said..... I am currently sleeping in a cabin with spiders galore on the top rack of an old military style bunk. The spiders I am told will not bother me. Sure that's what they all say. Anyways, my sleeping arrangements were not the best but I was able to catch some sleep overnight. Scouts have it rough here. Breakfast was at 7:30. I was hoping to sleep in, no such luck. I did get to see the different lodges here such as the Nature lodge, Handicraft, Woodcarving. I am also suppose to be going on a long hike today with one of the Nature classes. With all this dirt, sand, weeds & bugs ...... No wonder they call it "Boy" Scout camp!

2 comments:

Carla said...

Girl, glad it is YOU and NOT me!!!! YUCK!!!
Have fun, though!!

BTW....they have a puter for ya??? sweet!

Ellen said...

Yes, they have some comforts of home here for me.