Monday, August 27, 2012

My last post was just about 2 1/2 years ago.  Looking back and reading these accounts of daily life almost seem foreign to me.  Last May I graduated from Nursing school and after much torture working 12 hr. shifts at the hospital I landed my dream job as a hospice nurse.  Life is good!

The boys continue to grow.  We just dropped "K" off at college yesterday for his Junior year.  He allowed me to make his bed after much pleading.  "J" started 7th grade and as par for course he is less than thrilled with some of his fellow classmates.  He is loving scouts and has just received his Star scout award.....official pinning in later next month. "A" jumped on the bus early this morning and headed off to a new school for the 4th grade. I just can't believe my baby is a 4th grader. 

As with me and hubby. Well we pulled the plug and decided to join the rest of the civilian population and retire from the USAF.  "T" found a job and couldn't turn it down.  Only problem is his "dream job" just happens to be 1 1/2 hours from doorstep to doorstep on a good day.  Therefore I'm about to chronicle the up's and down's of a normal white collar family trying to sell our beautiful home and pack up and move due north. All this while trying to lose 40 pounds.  We shall see how many gray hairs we develop during this process.  I am in high hopes that writing this blog will not only be cathartic but a way to again look back and laugh someday.  Here goes nothing!

No comments: